Over the past few years, through generosity of families and the community we have been able to purchase new resources and equipment for the children to use.
We hold several fund raising and community events during the year.
Community Events 2019
- Daffodil Day 25th August 2019 Children and Staff wear Yellow to support the Cancer Council.
- Daniel Morcombe Foundation -Dance for Daniel Disco 25th October 2019
- Muscular Dystrophy Australia, Super Hero Week 2nd September & 8th September 2019. Children and Staff dress up as a Super Hero to support MSA.
Days Celebrated Across the Centre 2019
Sun 14th (celebrate on Fri 12th) – Palm Sunday – Palm Sunday commemorates Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem. Thus marks the beginning of Holy Week.
Mon 15th – Sinhalese New Year, Sri Lanka – the new year of the Sinhalese people in Sri Lanka.
Thurs 25th (celebrate on Wed 24th) – ANZAC DAY – commemorate all Australians and NZ who served and died in the wars, conflicts and peace keeping operations.
Sun 12th (celebrate on Fri 10th) – Mothers Day – a celebration honouring mothers.
Mon 27th – Fri 31st – National Reconciliation Week – celebrating indigenous history and culture. A time to foster reconciliation discussions.
Sat 1st (celebrate on Mon 3rd) – Samoan Independence Day – It is Samoa’s National Day and marks independence from New Zealand in 1962.
Wed 5th – World Environment Day – to raise global awareness to take positive action to protect nature and planet Earth.
Mon 1st – Canada Day – the national day of Canada.
Mon 8th – Fri 12th – NAIDOC WEEK – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders celebration throughout Australia.
Sun 14th (celebrate on Mon 15th) – Bastille Day – commemorates the beginning of the French Revolution.
Centre Events 2018
- 17th April – Easter combined church service – Held at Mt Louisa House of Praise Church.
- 18th April – Easter Bonnet Parade – all rooms will be involved.
- 12th May (celebrate on Fri 10th) – Mothers Day – a celebration honouring mothers.
- 20th June – Obstacle-A – Thon- all rooms will be involved.
- 19th July – Teddy Bears Picnic
- 20th August – Book Week -Dress Up Day
- 2nd September – Father’s Day Celebrations
- 28th October – Grandparents Afternoon Tea
- Date to be advised – Ranger Dan Visit ( small cost to families)
- 3rd December – Christmas combined church service – Held at Mt Louisa House of Praise Church.
Photo Days 2018
- 28th March – Centre children and staff photos
- Date to be advised – Kindergarten children graduation photos
- Date to be advised – Children’s Christmas photos
- 12th December – Christmas Concert and Kindergarten Graduation
Fund Raising 2018
- May – Chocolate Drive
- September – to be advised
We welcome families to be a part of these events.
Your support through donation of recycle toys, clothes or non- perishable foods is welcomed.