Over the past few years, through generosity of families and the community we have been able to purchase new resources and equipment for the children to use.
We hold several fund raising and community events during the year.
Community Events 2020
- Daffodil Day August 2020 Children and Staff wear Yellow to support the Cancer Council.
- Daniel Morcombe Foundation -Dance for Daniel Disco – October 2020
- Muscular Dystrophy Australia, Super Hero Week September 2020. Children and Staff dress up as a Super Hero to support MSA.
Days Celebrated Across the Centre 2020
Palm Sunday – Palm Sunday commemorates Jesus’ triumphal entry into Jerusalem. Thus marks the beginning of Holy Week.
Sinhalese New Year, Sri Lanka – the new year of the Sinhalese people in Sri Lanka.
ANZAC DAY – commemorate all Australians and NZ who served and died in the wars, conflicts and peace keeping operations.
Mothers Day – a celebration honouring mothers.
National Reconciliation Week – celebrating indigenous history and culture. A time to foster reconciliation discussions.
Samoan Independence Day – It is Samoa’s National Day and marks independence from New Zealand in 1962.
World Environment Day – to raise global awareness to take positive action to protect nature and planet Earth.
Canada Day – the national day of Canada.
NAIDOC WEEK – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders celebration throughout Australia.
Bastille Day – commemorates the beginning of the French Revolution.
Dates events will be celebrated in the Centre will be advertised soon.
Centre Events 2020
- Easter combined church service – Held at Mt Louisa House of Praise Church.
- Easter Bonnet Parade – all rooms will be involved.
- Mothers Day – a celebration honouring mothers.
- Obstacle-A – Thon- all rooms will be involved.
- Teddy Bears Picnic
- Book Week -Dress Up Day
- Father’s Day Celebrations
- Grandparents Afternoon Tea
- Date to be advised – Ranger Dan Visit ( small cost to families)
- Christmas church service – Held at Mt Louisa Community Church.
Photo Days 2020
- 26th March – Centre children and staff photos
- Kindergarten children graduation photos
- Date to be advised – Children’s Christmas photos
- Christmas Concert and Kindergarten Graduation
Fund Raising 2020
- Chocolate Drive
- Picture Products
- Family Photos
We welcome families to be a part of these events.
Your support through donation of recycle toys, clothes or non- perishable foods is welcomed.